Debbie's Hypnotherapy Blogs
Get rid of negative thinking
Are you a glass half full or a glass half empty type of thinker? To be fair, all of us think negatively from time to time. Something happens and it flits through our minds that the results of it will be bad, or uncomfortable, even though we're aware there is no particular reason that things won’t turn out well. The problem with negative thinking is that it can take over. From being an occasional, fleeting thought, it can become overwhelming, and feel as if it’s out of your control.
Happiness - can you make it happen?
What would make you happier? A new job? More money? Improved health? Nicer holidays? Or something else?
In fact, research shows us that this sort of detail has surprisingly little to do with how happy we believe we are.
Does hypnotherapy work?
Often (and quite understandably) people ask me; “Does hypnotherapy work?” What can I say, except, 'Yes', and for some, that's enough But I can hear others thinking, 'Well, she would say that, wouldn't she?'
So don’t just take my word for it. The good news is that there is a lot out there and new evidence coming out all the time.
Hypnotherapy and Blushing
Going red in the face is a very common and unpleasant experience for many of us but some find that they blush far more easily or frequently than others. If you are aware of this or feel embarrassed by it, chances are you will just blush more. So what can you do?
How to beat the winter blues
We all feel down or fed up sometimes, but at this time of year, the prospect of a long wait till Spring can make it easy to get into the doldrums. New Year's Resolutions are one answer to this but they often involve focussing on the big life changes which you want to make and as those can seem overwhelming, all too often you end up not changing anything.
So here is my approach to change - an alternative to those resolutions that is fun and effective at lifting your spirits.
More Articles ...
- Ten tips for new non smokers
- Mindfulness, and how to do it right
- Hypnotherapy and anger
- Can I get stuck in trance?
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Claustrophobia and hypnotherapy
- Hypnotherapy and gambling
- Hypnotherapy and young people
- Could hypnotherapy help with your Irritable Bowel Syndrome?
- How you should be using affirmations
- 5 ways hypnotherapy can help your relationship
- How to make this year's resolutions last
- How hypnotherapy changes our perceptions
- Hypnosis can help to organise your life
- How to manage social anxiety
- So you want to be normal?
- A few facts about hypnosis
- Improving your willpower
- Help with panic attacks
- Five things you need to know about IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
- Smoking - seven things you may not know
- Top tips for getting motivated
- Tips to get a good night's sleep
- Why do people worry about hypnosis?
- 4 reasons for lacking confidence - and what you can do about it!
- Ten things that every new non smoker should refuse to believe
- How to reduce anxiety and worry
- How hypnotherapy could have helped Miss Muffett!
- Hypnosis for pain control
- How to choose the right therapist
- 7 ways to boost your self esteem