Debbie's Hypnotherapy Blogs
How to manage social anxiety
Probably one of the most common anxiety disorder is social anxiety. It can create problems in situations that many of us take for granted, health information pills like being at the till in a supermarket or even socialising with a group of friends. Social phobia sufferers can isolate themselves from friends and family, which can lead to further problems both in the home and even at the office. But it can be beaten.
So you want to be normal?
'Normal' is a word avoided by therapists - and not just the hypno kind - because it can be judgemental (who wants to be labelled 'abnormal'?), and is not easy to define. But I'm going to explore it here because it is used a lot by clients, who come into my office and say 'I just want to be normal'. The trick to achieving it is for both of us to understand exactly what that means.
A few facts about hypnosis
A search for images connected with hypnosis will produce many like the one with this article. Some are even weirder, diagnosis and some are downright scary. Fainting young ladies and looming, predatory men (usually with goatee beards, though I have yet to work out why). Hypnotists with swinging watches or multi-coloured eyes.
Is it really like that? Find out here.
Improving your willpower
Do you think you haven't got any willpower? Chances are you do, although it might need a bit of a boost from time to time, and you can take steps to improve it and make it easy to achieve your goals. The "marshmallow study" shows that having willpower has a knock on effect in many areas of life. In this study some four and five year olds were told they could have one sweet now or two later, then they were left alone with the single sweet.
Help with panic attacks
Panic attacks are sudden and very intense periods of fear, mind visit web stress and anxiety. They may last anything from minutes to hours and there may be no obvious reason for them to happen. If you experience panic attacks, and want help in dealing with them, read on.
More Articles ...
- Five things you need to know about IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
- Smoking - seven things you may not know
- Top tips for getting motivated
- Tips to get a good night's sleep
- Why do people worry about hypnosis?
- 4 reasons for lacking confidence - and what you can do about it!
- Ten things that every new non smoker should refuse to believe
- How to reduce anxiety and worry
- How hypnotherapy could have helped Miss Muffett!
- Hypnosis for pain control
- How to choose the right therapist
- 7 ways to boost your self esteem