Debbie's Hypnotherapy Blogs
Hypnotherapy and Depression
Depression is a mood disorder and it’s much more common than you’d think. In fact MIND, the mental health charity believes that around one in four people in the UK will suffer depression every year. Despite this, it’s much misunderstood, is often seen as a signal of personal weakness, and not everyone who experiences it recognises what they’re going through.
Are there guarantees for hypnotherapy?
If you are considering using hypnotherapy to resolve some problem in your life, you have probably done some reading around on the subject. (Good for you - you absolutely should!)
You have probably heard that hypnosis is very effective; maybe even that it can be a 'miracle cure'. It may be quite a big investment for you in terms of time, money and effort. So it might seem reasonable to ask if I can offer a guarantee to solve whatever problem you are dealing with.
Hypnosis in History: Franz Anton Mesmer
I'm sure you have heard of Mesmerism or feeling mesmerised, but you may not know that this comes from Franz Anton Mesmer (1754-1815). He was interested in magnetism, having watched a demonstration of ‘magnetic cures’ and exorcisms by a priest called Father Maximillian Hell in 1774.
Get rid of negative thinking
Are you a glass half full or a glass half empty type of thinker? To be fair, all of us think negatively from time to time. Something happens and it flits through our minds that the results of it will be bad, or uncomfortable, even though we're aware there is no particular reason that things won’t turn out well. The problem with negative thinking is that it can take over. From being an occasional, fleeting thought, it can become overwhelming, and feel as if it’s out of your control.
Happiness - can you make it happen?
What would make you happier? A new job? More money? Improved health? Nicer holidays? Or something else?
In fact, research shows us that this sort of detail has surprisingly little to do with how happy we believe we are.
More Articles ...
- Does hypnotherapy work?
- Hypnotherapy and Blushing
- How to beat the winter blues
- Ten tips for new non smokers
- Mindfulness, and how to do it right
- Hypnotherapy and anger
- Can I get stuck in trance?
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Claustrophobia and hypnotherapy
- Hypnotherapy and gambling
- Hypnotherapy and young people
- Could hypnotherapy help with your Irritable Bowel Syndrome?
- How you should be using affirmations
- 5 ways hypnotherapy can help your relationship
- How to make this year's resolutions last
- How hypnotherapy changes our perceptions
- Hypnosis can help to organise your life
- How to manage social anxiety
- So you want to be normal?
- A few facts about hypnosis
- Improving your willpower
- Help with panic attacks
- Five things you need to know about IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
- Smoking - seven things you may not know
- Top tips for getting motivated
- Tips to get a good night's sleep
- Why do people worry about hypnosis?
- 4 reasons for lacking confidence - and what you can do about it!
- Ten things that every new non smoker should refuse to believe
- How to reduce anxiety and worry
- How hypnotherapy could have helped Miss Muffett!
- Hypnosis for pain control
- How to choose the right therapist
- 7 ways to boost your self esteem