Debbie's Hypnotherapy Blogs
Does hypnotherapy work?
Often (and quite understandably) people ask me; “Does hypnotherapy work?” For some it’s enough that they feel better, sometimes after just one session. Often they are amazed at the change. But I can hear others saying 'Well, she would say that, wouldn't she?'
So don’t just take my word for it. The good news is that there is a lot out there and new evidence coming out all the time.
Hypnotherapy and Blushing
Going red in the face is a very common and unpleasant experience for many of us but some find that they blush far more easily or frequently than others. If you are aware of this, remedy or feel embarrassed by it, chances are you will just blush more. So what can you do?
How to beat the winter blues
We all feel down or fed up sometimes, but at this time of year the prospect of a long wait till Spring can make it easy to get into the doldrums. New Year's Resolutions are one answer to this but they often involve focussing on the big life changes which you want to make and as those can seem overwhelming, all too often you end up not changing anything.
So here is my approach to change - an alternative to those resolutions that is fun and effective at lifting your spirits.
Ten tips for new non smokers
In my experience lots of smokers plan to quit in the run-up to Christmas as the weather turns colder and darker. So why leave it till the New Year?
Here are ten top tips to help you stay smoke free once you've quit.
Mindfulness, and how to do it right
Mindfulness and mindful meditation have become very fashionable recently, but don’t let that put you off. It is simple, and often a very effective way of keeping your stress levels down.
You don't need any particular religious or spiritual beliefs to practice mindfulness, in fact you can be a complete cynic and still benefit! And you can do it anywhere, so it's very convenient.
More Articles ...
- Hypnotherapy and anger
- Can I get stuck in trance?
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Claustrophobia and hypnotherapy
- Hypnotherapy and gambling
- Hypnotherapy and young people
- Could hypnotherapy help with your Irritable Bowel Syndrome?
- How you should be using affirmations
- 5 ways hypnotherapy can help your relationship
- How to make this year's resolutions last
- How hypnotherapy changes our perceptions
- Hypnosis can help to organise your life
- How to manage social anxiety
- So you want to be normal?
- A few facts about hypnosis
- Improving your willpower
- Help with panic attacks
- Five things you need to know about IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
- Smoking - seven things you may not know
- Top tips for getting motivated
- Tips to get a good night's sleep
- Why do people worry about hypnosis?
- 4 reasons for lacking confidence - and what you can do about it!
- Ten things that every new non smoker should refuse to believe
- How to reduce anxiety and worry
- How hypnotherapy could have helped Miss Muffett!
- Hypnosis for pain control
- How to choose the right therapist
- 7 ways to boost your self esteem