Debbie's Hypnotherapy Blogs
Everyone knows a good diet is important to physical health, but it can also help with mental health. Different nutrients affect the brain in different ways, and getting enough of the right ones can help you fight mental illness. Here are some which are especially good for anxiety.
Plenty of studies have been done on how exercise can improve physical health, but what’s less well-known is how it can improve mental health as well. The Journal of Psychology recently released an analysis of 38 different studies on this topic, finding a strong link between exercise and mental wellbeing.
Are you keeping up with your resolutions?
Now we’re getting into the New Year, a lot of people are wavering on their resolutions. Don’t be embarrassed, we’ve all been there. Here are some ideas for how to stick with them.
There are any number of reasons the holiday season can be hard. Financial or family stresses are common, and the pressure to enjoy yourself can make enjoyment even harder. Whether you're celebrating Christmas or some other holiday season, these top tips will help you have a happier holiday.
Following on from last month’s article on Positive Thinking, (here) I’m going to have a look now at negative thinking, which is something a lot of my clients experience. Negativity gets a lot of bad press, but it’s a normal part of life, and can often be dealt with in a healthy manner. If negative thoughts spread out of control they can become a severe nuisance, but they may serve a purpose and, if so, shouldn’t be ignored.
Positive thinking is a hot topic in self-help and mental health circles recently and seems to have many benefits, so I thought I would give it a look. Many studies have shown that positivity allows for better health, skill development, greater success, more productivity - and even longer life. But having said that, we still have to be cautious.
More Articles ...
- Hypnosis in History: Dr John Elliotson
- Relax - Why breathing exercises work
- 5 fun facts about hypnosis
- 7 Tips to Beat the Social Anxiety Grinch
- Quit smoking timeline
- Hypnotherapy and Depression
- Are there guarantees for hypnotherapy?
- Hypnosis in History: Franz Anton Mesmer
- Get rid of negative thinking
- Happiness - can you make it happen?
- Does hypnotherapy work?
- Hypnotherapy and Blushing
- How to beat the winter blues
- Ten tips for new non smokers
- Mindfulness, and how to do it right
- Hypnotherapy and anger
- Can I get stuck in trance?
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Claustrophobia and hypnotherapy
- Hypnotherapy and gambling
- Hypnotherapy and young people
- Could hypnotherapy help with your Irritable Bowel Syndrome?
- How you should be using affirmations
- 5 ways hypnotherapy can help your relationship
- How to make this year's resolutions last
- How hypnotherapy changes our perceptions
- Hypnosis can help to organise your life
- How to manage social anxiety
- So you want to be normal?
- A few facts about hypnosis
- Improving your willpower
- Help with panic attacks
- Five things you need to know about IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
- Smoking - seven things you may not know
- Top tips for getting motivated
- Tips to get a good night's sleep
- Why do people worry about hypnosis?
- 4 reasons for lacking confidence - and what you can do about it!
- Ten things that every new non smoker should refuse to believe
- How to reduce anxiety and worry
- How hypnotherapy could have helped Miss Muffett!
- Hypnosis for pain control
- How to choose the right therapist
- 7 ways to boost your self esteem