Debbie's Hypnotherapy Blogs
Habits are things we do without really thinking about them – a kind of mental short cut that makes life more convenient by freeing up our attention for less routine activities. Stop reading for just a moment and think about how many things you do every day on ‘auto-pilot’.
Are you back now? Maybe you came up with driving, putting the same leg into your trousers first when you get dressed, where you put your keys when you come in, signing your name. I’m sure there were others.
Most of us experience situations where we’d like a bit more confidence, or maybe you feel your confidence is generally low. Either way, it is possible to give your confidence a boost by following these suggestions, and they’re easier than you’d think. It’s all about doing something rather than nothing, and feeling in control again.
As Halloween approaches, you may find certain fears being triggered in a way that is less fun than Halloween is supposed to be. Hypnotherapy can help get these fears under control. Here are some examples of unusual phobias which might be more noticeable at this time of year.
Quitting smoking is one of the best decisions you can make, but some people find that, as their bodies adjust to being smoke-free, they don’t sleep as well as usual. In fact, a study reported in the Mirror  says that over two-thirds of those who went back to smoking after quitting successfully did so because of lack of sleep.
I recently wrote about helping your child settle into school after the summer break but, however well prepared they are, sometimes children’s problems with school go on into the whole year instead of being a minor or temporary situation.
It’s natural for children - and teenagers - to feel anxious about returning to school after the summer. Just as they get used to freedom, they have to readjust to the school routine. It’s worst for children who are starting a new school or are stressed by school anyway, for example, if they have experienced bullying or suffer from learning difficulties and don;t have the right support. There are steps parents can take to reduce the problem and soothe their child’s anxiety.
Most of us have a ‘to do’ list which we mentally look at but often don’t get around to. Maybe you want to get fitter, spend more time with family, or take up a new hobby. In the summer the sunshine and lighter evenings tend to mean we feel more optimistic, energized and open to change. So summer is the right time to shortlist your most important goals and start working on them.
Keep reading for ideas for you, and a free printable for your kids.
More Articles ...
- A stress-free approach to returning to school
- Being close to nature is good for your mental health
- Self care for beginners
- Mood Food - How your diet can affect your anxiety
- How exercise can help your mood
- Keeping up with your resolutions
- Eight Top Ways to Cope with Holiday Stress
- What is Negative Thinking?
- What do you really know about positive thinking?
- Hypnosis in History: Dr John Elliotson
- Relax - Why breathing exercises work
- 5 fun facts about hypnosis
- 7 Tips to Beat the Social Anxiety Grinch
- Quit smoking timeline
- Hypnotherapy and Depression
- Are there guarantees for hypnotherapy?
- Hypnosis in History: Franz Anton Mesmer
- Get rid of negative thinking
- Happiness - can you make it happen?
- Does hypnotherapy work?
- Hypnotherapy and Blushing
- How to beat the winter blues
- Ten tips for new non smokers
- Mindfulness, and how to do it right
- Hypnotherapy and anger
- Can I get stuck in trance?
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Claustrophobia and hypnotherapy
- Hypnotherapy and gambling
- Hypnotherapy and young people
- Could hypnotherapy help with your Irritable Bowel Syndrome?
- How you should be using affirmations
- 5 ways hypnotherapy can help your relationship
- How to make this year's resolutions last
- How hypnotherapy changes our perceptions
- Hypnosis can help to organise your life
- How to manage social anxiety
- So you want to be normal?
- A few facts about hypnosis
- Improving your willpower
- Help with panic attacks
- Five things you need to know about IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
- Smoking - seven things you may not know
- Top tips for getting motivated
- Tips to get a good night's sleep
- Why do people worry about hypnosis?
- 4 reasons for lacking confidence - and what you can do about it!
- Ten things that every new non smoker should refuse to believe
- How to reduce anxiety and worry
- How hypnotherapy could have helped Miss Muffett!