Debbie's Hypnotherapy Blogs
A number of studies show that being close to nature is good for our mental and physical health. A team from UEA’s Norwich Medical School found that being around green space improved wellbeing. It can reduce tiredness, inflammation, stress, depression and anxiety, and even improve your memory and concentration.
So many of my clients do a really good job of looking after other people, but they don't use those skills to care for themselves. They have reasons like 'I don't have time or I have too many responsibilities' but taking care of yourself isn't selfish or neglectful of others, it's essential. There's a good reason that airlines advise you that, in an emergency, you should put your own oxygen mask on before your children's.
Everyone knows a good diet is important to physical health, but it can also help with mental health. Different nutrients affect the brain in different ways, and getting enough of the right ones can help you fight mental illness. Here are some which are especially good for anxiety.
Plenty of studies have been done on how exercise can improve physical health, but what’s less well-known is how it can improve mental health as well. The Journal of Psychology recently released an analysis of 38 different studies on this topic, finding a strong link between exercise and mental wellbeing.
Are you keeping up with your resolutions?
Now we’re getting into the New Year, a lot of people are wavering on their resolutions. Don’t be embarrassed, we’ve all been there. Here are some ideas for how to stick with them.
There are any number of reasons the holiday season can be hard. Financial or family stresses are common, and the pressure to enjoy yourself can make enjoyment even harder. Whether you're celebrating Christmas or some other holiday season, these top tips will help you have a happier holiday.
More Articles ...
- What is Negative Thinking?
- What do you really know about positive thinking?
- Hypnosis in History: Dr John Elliotson
- Relax - Why breathing exercises work
- 5 fun facts about hypnosis
- 7 Tips to Beat the Social Anxiety Grinch
- Quit smoking timeline
- Hypnotherapy and Depression
- Are there guarantees for hypnotherapy?
- Hypnosis in History: Franz Anton Mesmer
- Get rid of negative thinking
- Happiness - can you make it happen?
- Does hypnotherapy work?
- Hypnotherapy and Blushing
- How to beat the winter blues
- Ten tips for new non smokers
- Mindfulness, and how to do it right
- Hypnotherapy and anger
- Can I get stuck in trance?
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Claustrophobia and hypnotherapy
- Hypnotherapy and gambling
- Hypnotherapy and young people
- Could hypnotherapy help with your Irritable Bowel Syndrome?
- How you should be using affirmations
- 5 ways hypnotherapy can help your relationship
- How to make this year's resolutions last
- How hypnotherapy changes our perceptions
- Hypnosis can help to organise your life
- How to manage social anxiety
- So you want to be normal?
- A few facts about hypnosis
- Improving your willpower
- Help with panic attacks
- Five things you need to know about IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
- Smoking - seven things you may not know
- Top tips for getting motivated
- Tips to get a good night's sleep
- Why do people worry about hypnosis?
- 4 reasons for lacking confidence - and what you can do about it!
- Ten things that every new non smoker should refuse to believe
- How to reduce anxiety and worry
- How hypnotherapy could have helped Miss Muffett!
- Hypnosis for pain control
- How to choose the right therapist
- 7 ways to boost your self esteem